DIVINE LIFE YOGA SOCIETY teaches yoga based on “The Five Points of Yoga” to provide the foundation for healthy living:
- Proper Exercise (Asanas) Yoga poses help develop a strong, healthy body by enhancing flexibility, strength and improving circulation. The asanas are also exercises in concentration and meditation—promoting optimum health.
- Proper Breathing (Pranayama) Deep, conscious breathing connects the body to the solar plexus, where tremendous potential energy is stored. Through specific breathing techniques this energy is released for physical and mental rejuvenation.
- Proper Relaxation (Savasan) Helps keep the body from going into overload mode, easing worry and fatigue. Yoga teaches three levels of relaxation—physical, mental and spiritual.
- Proper Diet (Vegetarian/Vegan) Eating simple, natural, whole foods that are easy to digest and have a positive effect on the mind, body and the environment.
- Positive Thinking (Vedanta) & Meditation (Dhyana) These are the true keys to achieving peace of mind and eliminating negativity in our lives.
Get started with as few as 8 students!
We offer classes at your workplace either before or after working hours. We begin with a Basic Course to help you develop a yoga practice. The Basic Course is one month and meets twice a week. We work with you to design a course based on your space availability, days and times most convenient, and the number of employees taking the course.
The basic structure of the class consists of initial relaxation (savasan), pranayama (breathing), warm up (sun salutations), 12 basic postures and variations, and final deep relaxation. Also, between two postures there are brief periods of relaxation. This is to allow the heartbeat to return to normal; lactic acid can be eliminated from the muscles, the prana can circulate freely, and the student can relax mentally. The student is ready to go on to the next posture when the breathing and heartbeat have returned to normal.
Under the guidance of an experienced instructor, students receive step-by-step instructions, and postures are introduced and demonstrated gradually. The 12 basic postures are done in a sequence to allow students to benefit physically, psychically, mentally and spiritually. Performed slowly and consciously, the asanas go far beyond mere physical benefits, becoming mental exercises in concentration and meditation. We offer 60 and 90-minute classes.
Meet our Teachers
Murali and Lakita are graduates of the Sivananda Organization. After graduating in 2011, they spent 4 years in India teaching yoga and Vedanta classes daily to students on vacation, to students taking the teacher’s training course, and to students at their workplace. Many of their students have gone on to become Sivananda yoga teachers.
Divine Life Yoga Society
Murali and Lakita are pleased to bring Sivananda Yoga to Washington. Divine Life Yoga Society is a branch of the Divine Life Society in Rishikesh, Himalayas founded by Swami Sivananda in 1936. We are an affiliate of the International Sivananda Yoga Vedanta Organization, a volunteer-based non-profit organization with locations around the world, founded in 1957 by Swami Vishnudevananda, after his teacher Swami Sivananda of Rishikesh. To date there are over 100 Divine Life branches and Sivananda locations (ashrams, yoga centers and affiliated centers) worldwide.
Divine LIfe Yoga Society
22718 NE 146th Way
Duvall, WA 98019
Once the Basic Course is successfully completed, we can offer additional courses so that your employees can deepen their yoga practice. Additional courses include:
- Open Yoga Class (additional variations are introduced and postures are held longer).
- ·Positive Thinking (1 month course meets 1 day per week for one hour). Develop a positive attitude toward life, gain mastery over negative habits and influences and increase self- esteem
- Meditation (1 month course meets 2 days per week for one hour). The theory and practice of meditation are discussed and guided meditation applied to develop a solid meditation practice. .
- Nutrition and Vegetarian Cooking (monthly 3 hour class held at Yoga Life). Learn how to prepare vegetarian, vegan and raw food dishes that are nutritious and delicious!